Blueberry Butter Tarts
photo by Leslie
- Ready In:
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- pastry dough
- Roll out pastry and cut to fit tart tins (I use mini tarts but you can use muffin tins-this will increase the cooking time) preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, whisk egg, syrup, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, mix sugar and flour.
- Stir into egg mixture with butter.
- Divide berries into uncooked pastry shells.
- Pour egg mixture to top of shells.
- Bake 18-23 minutes.
- Remove tarts from tins immediately or the sugar will harden and they will stick tarts will firm up as they cool.
Wow, awesome recipe Erinn. We loved these tasty tarts. I made these last summer and forgot to review them. They are the best tasting butter tarts that I have ever tried. I used freshly picked wild blueberries in this dish. The flavor and texture of the tarts are spot on. Thank you for sharing a recipe that we will enjoy again next summer. Kudos on making it into my Best of Cookbook for 2020.
did the recipe tonight... got my neighbor to try... he love them and ask for the recipe... so I decided to do a second batch to take to church... they are lovely ... and taste great... thanks Erinn for such a delightful recipe... but on my second batch i forgot to add the melted butter... I tasted one and it is still good... but the first batch is better since i did not forget the butter... thanks for posting the recipe... the recipe picture caught my attention... lovely picture and mine looks just as good....
see 8 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I work part time for a midwifery clinic and am mommy to three very busy and very hungry boys (ages 1, 9 and 10). My husband plays bass and sings in a christian band called Broken Walls ( www.brokenwalls.com ) so he is on the road alot and i am left to figure out something nutritious, fast and easy for the three of us when he is gone. My husband is an amazing cook and it comes so easy for him- which is a blessing and much appreciated after a day of work! I love recipezaar because it gives me ideas I just would never come up with on my own, and I really appreciate the enthusiasm and helpfulness of the other "chefs". I have been given some very good tips and advice.