Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
These are buttery, not-too-sweet muffins with a nice puffy top and a nip of nutmeg (Kind of like a baked Tom & Jerry!) They're a nice little treat in the morning and take no time at all to put together.
Top Review by Potluck
I made 6 different muffin recipes for our family camping trip.All were eatten but these..No one really cared for the flavor and the muffins are dry..I am sorry,but will not be making again..
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- milk, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- Beat butter with electic mixer until creamy; add 1/2 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cloves and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Combine milk and 3 tablespoons of rum in another bowl.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, ending with flour mixture and combining only until JUST blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pans immediately and cool on a wire rack.
- Alternatively, you can make mini-muffins; bake for about 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons rum and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a small saucepan; heat slowly, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- If mixture is too thick, add a little milk.
- Brush glaze over warm muffins.