Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic salad. I got the recipe from Bon Appetit magazine.
Make and share this Butter Lettuce Salad With Bacon, Dried Cherries and Roquefort Vi recipe from Food.com.
- Sauté bacon in heavy medium skillet until brown and crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Gradually whisk in oil, then cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss lettuce leaves, half of the cherries and half of the bacon with enough dressing to coat.
- Divide salad among 6 plates.
- Top with remaining cherries and bacon and serve.
The BEST of the many salads I have made this month. The combination of flavors and textures is simply outstanding. I used Point Reyes blue cheese rather than Roquefort since I prefer a slightly less pungent blue. Thanks for posting this!