Spinach Salad With Oranges, Dried Cherries, and Candied Pecans
Adapted slightly from Vegetarian Times. Sounds really good for the holidays--or any time!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup candied pecans (such as those from Trader Joe's) or 1 cup spicy candied pecans (such as those from Trader Joe's)
- 4 navel oranges
- 1 shallot, chopped (about 2 Tbs)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (9 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Cut and peel white pith from oranges. Cut between membranes to release orange segments into a small bowl.
- Combine shallot with balsamic vinegar in bowl. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place orange segments, spinach, and cherries in salad bowl, and toss with dressing. Break apart pecans and add to salad. Sprinkle goat cheese on top and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this for clients today and it was stunning. I supremed the oranges for extra foo foo-ness. This salad would go well with a lot of fruit or white balsamic vinaigrettes, just make sure to taste your candied pecans first. The brand I bought was SUPER SWEET and I'm afraid that they would only go well with a young standard balsamic and olive oil as the author has written.