Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the recipe from my mom. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 -50 g butter
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 4 kg boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in large chunks
- 5 teaspoons ground coriander
- 6 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 7 cardamom pods, bruised
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 9 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (more or less to taste)
- tomato puree
- 11 tablespoons grated fresh green ginger
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 13 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 14 1⁄2 cups cream
- 15 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat a wok until really hot, add 1 Tbsp oil.
- Add half the chicken and stir-fry for about 4 minutes or until chicken is a nice colour.
- Remove to plate.
- Add extra oil and cook remaining chicken.
- Remove from wok.
- Reduce heat and add the butter.
- When melted add all of the spices and stir-fry until fragrant- about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to wok and stir to coat with the spices.
- Add the tomato and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes- stir occasionally.
- Add the yogurt, cream and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Serve over rice.