If you are looking for a simple way to make delicious burritos and don't know how to make them, this is the recipe for you. This recipe will make enough burritos for the family and have left overs for more later. These are great with Tortilla chips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas (12 inch, the bigger the better)
- 1 cup rice (enough for 8 portions )
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans or 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb sirloin steaks or 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package mccormack taco seasoning (for ground beef) or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package mccormick grill mates southwest seasoning (for steak or chicken)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- olive oil
- 1Prepare: If making steak or chicken, marinate meat in a ziplock bag overnight in the refrigerator. Follow the directions on the packet.
- 2Cook rice - I use parboiled rice which takes 20 minutes to prepare. Follow directions on the bag.
- 3While rice is cooking, warm up canned beans.
- 4If using steak or chicken, cut up steak or chicken into bite size pieces or strips.
- 5While rice and beans are cooking, cook the meat. If using ground beef, follow the directions on the Taco seasoning packet. If cooking steak or chicken, put the steak or chicken in a cast iron skillet and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- 6Assemble: Heat wraps in microwave until warm (about 20 seconds).
- 7Put some rice, beans, meat, salsa, shredded cheese in a wrap and wrap it up.
- 8Put a small amount of olive oil in a clean cast iron skillet and heat to medium.
- 9Put burrito face down in the skillet and heat for 3 minutes, turn and heat for another 3 minutes.
- 10Top burrito with sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.6
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 574.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 28.1 g