1/1 Photo of Burrito Ultimo
Leah's Kitchen's Note:
We made this last night and really enjoyed it,even had it again for lunch today. They are filled with re-fried beans, beef, Mexican spiced rice, jalapenos, cheese and all the other toppings/fillers that you want. This recipe is also good since it serves 8-10 with only 1lb of meat! You can use either ground turkey as we do or ground beef, doesn't really matter. Hope you like this as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE MEAT
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 large white onion, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can jalapenos, sliced (reserve liquid)
For the Rice
- 1 cup of uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
FOr the Beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans refried beans
- 10 -15 large flour tortillas
- 1Saute diced onions over medium-high heat until soft, add meat.
- 2Cook meat until nearly done, add minced garlic and turn down the heat to medium-low.
- 3When all the meat is cooked add half of the can of jalapenos including all of the reserved liquid. (Keep meat warm while you finish the rice and beans.).
- 4Cook rice according instructions on the bag except where it calls for water add broth instead.
- 5Heat up the beans on the stove or in the microwave. (If you are using the stove add some water to the beans so they do not dry and stick to the bottom of the pan, heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes) Place hot beans into a serving bowl, cover and keep warm.
- 6Wrap all tortillas tightly in between two sheets of aluminum foil, place in oven and turn oven on to 350°F
- 7Once tortillas are warm (about 10 minutes) the rice should also be done.
- 8Add spices into the rice and mix gently together.
- 9Place a little meat, beans, rice and your choice of toppings into each tortilla.
- 10Fold bottom edge up and then both sides. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burrito Ultimo
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.6
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 1581.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 30.5 g