Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from a cookbook my hubby picked up on clearance.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (I use low-sodium)
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas (I use whole grain)
- 1 (16 ounce) cannon-fat refried beans
- shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided (can use non-fat)
- Spray cold grill rack with vegetable cooking spray. Preheat charcoal grill for direct-heat cooking. In medium bowl combine turkey, onion, chilies and seasoning mix. Shape turkey mixture into 8 (9x2-inch) rectangular-shaped burgers. Grill burgers 3 to 4 minutes; turn and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until 165 degrees (F) is reached on a meat thermometer and meat is no longer pink in center. Remove and keep warm. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup refried beans and sprinkle with lettuce. Place one burger in center of each tortilla and sprinkle with one tablespoon cheese. Fold sides of tortillas over burgers to create burritos. Serve with salsa, if desired.