Top Review by Katzen
Yet another fantastic recipe from Serah! This had such amazing flavours and textures. This one will definately be a regular recipe around here! I used cilantro in place of the parsley, had homemade veggie stock to use up so used that in place of the apple juice and canned stock, and used a combination of mushrooms. So GOOD! Made for PAC Spring '09.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms or 2 cups cremini mushrooms or 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, cook onion in hot oil about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add broth, apple juice and wild rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and bulgur. Cook, covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until grains are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in bell pepper; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and walnuts. Season to taste with cracked black pepper. Sprinkle with feta.