1/4 Photos of Bulgur-Mushroom Stove Top Pilaf
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms or 2 cups cremini mushrooms or 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1In saucepan, cook onion in hot oil about 5 minutes until tender.
- 2Add broth, apple juice and wild rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- 3Stir in mushrooms and bulgur. Cook, covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until grains are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 4Stir in bell pepper; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in parsley and walnuts. Season to taste with cracked black pepper. Sprinkle with feta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulgur-Mushroom Stove Top Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 79.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: