Recipe by fwb45
Measurements are not critical. The vinegar makes it aromatic. The lemon gives it tang. The red hot gives it bang. The honey softens the blow. I don't remember which website I got this from 2-3 yrs ago.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Frank's red hot sauce (trust me!)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (garlic wine)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 6 -9 lbs chicken wings, 'drumettes' (or cut whole wings into pieces do not use the wing tip!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer on LOW heat until it is all melted/mixed well. When you first taste it, it's kind of'nasty'. It seems to mellow while your deep frying the chicken. Keep it warm while doing the chicken.
- Deep fry the chicken in peanut oil at 350 deg. a few at a time (7-9). When the 'wingettes' are golden brown and floating, they are done. coat the wings and stand back to keep from getting trampled by the crowd.