Recipe by Bergy
I have not made this recipe but it sounds good. It was in our local TV guide. Posted by request. In a way this is a dip but it sounds great with the wings.
Top Review by ChipotleChick
This was the first time that I ever attempted buffalo wings at home. Wow! These turned out fantastic! I put the broiler on too high and almost turned my kitchen into a blazing inferno, but, you live and learn :) I had to modify the sauce a bit to fit my diet, so I omitted the lemon juice and used water instead of milk. I LOVED it! I used Frank's Red Hot as the hot sauce. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 ounces gorgonzola or 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1 bunch celery, cut into sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine: cheese, sour cream, mayo, milk, parsley, lemon juice& 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Arrange chicken wings on a rack in a broiling pan and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Broil 5" from heat for 10 minutes, turn wings and broil a further 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan melt butter; combine with the hot sauce.
- Pour sauce over broiled wings and toss.
- Arrange on a platter with the celery sticks and cheese mixture.
- Dip sticks and wings in the cheese.