Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is based on a Paula and Bobby Dean recipe. You could certainly do bone-in wings this way too. The dipping sauce is to die for,
- peanut oil, for frying
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup hot sauce (like Frank's or Crystal)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups self-rising flour
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped celery (including leafy tops)
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat peanut oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with hot sauce. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken tenders in egg mixture, then coat in flour. Fry chicken in hot oil for 6-8 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Do not crowd tenders in fryer. Drain on paper towels,.
- Blue Cheese Sauce:.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, blue cheese, celery, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve warm chicken tenders with Blue Cheese Sauce to dip. Enjoy!