Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Oh My Goodness! My husband and I love anything Buffalo, and this is SO good. I've made it twice in the last two weeks! The first time I made this "soup" it was really thick, so the next time I made it we tore up some crusty French bread and dipped. I'm taking this to the next Super Bowl party, for sure!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- beer, to taste
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup buffalo wing sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- In 2-qt saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir flour into pan; slowly whisk in milk, broth, and beer (optional). Add more or less liquid depending on how thick you want it.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts. For the buffalo wing sauce, I use 1/2 jar of Hooter's sauce (from the grocery store) but you can use whatever you prefer.
- Serve with celery sticks & Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing on the side, and crusty bread for dipping. Can also be served thick out of a bread bowl.