Recipe by abilderback1978
Grilled chicken breast sandwiches with spicy buffalo sauce and cool bleu cheese sauce. My hubby's favorite sandwich
Top Review by Dragonfly AZ
This is a wonderful, quick meal. My teenage son insists I make it at least every other week! I made a mix of the spices needed so I can just sprinkle it over the chicken, then pan fry the chicken, and pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken in the pan to let it soak for a while. I serve it with coleslaw on the sandwich, and seasoned fries on the side.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbles
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 sandwich buns
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat indoor grill to it's recommended setting for chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and paprika on both sides. drizle with olive oil and rub to evenly distribute. Place on preheated grill, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until juices run clear (depending on thickness of chicken breasts).
- While chicken is cooking, combing bleu cheese, sour cream, and sliced scallions. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine pepper sauce and butter over low heat, and allow butter to melt.
- Preheat griddle or non stick skillet over med-med high heat. Slice sandwich rolls, and place them cut side down on the skillet. Allow to toast until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- To assemble, spread the bun bottoms with the bluecheese mixture. Take a chicken breast and coat it in the hot pepper sauce, then place on the bottom bun. Add top bun.