Recipe by ShrinkingViolet1006
I like to serve this on Ritz Crackers but also makes a good Chicken Salad Melt Sandwich.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
With garlic in the recipe, I opted to use lemon pepper for seasoning rather than the usual S&P, & I also was very stingy with the hot sauce (personal preference only)! Still what I made was a very tasty salad & half of which was shared, along with another salad I'd made, with a neighbor couple! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 3 large bone-in chicken breast halves (Could use left over chicken or rotisserie chicken, as well)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 ounces hot sauce (Texas Pete seems to give the best flavor, but this is up to you)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (I run mine through the food processor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper your chicken breasts. Boil with 2 tablespoons garlic for 25-30 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Once cool, pull chicken off the bones and into bite-size pieces.
- Mix softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, and hot sauce with hand mixer -- this breaks the cream cheese up the best, if you mix without a mixer it will be chunky.
- Fold chicken and celery into cream cheese mixture and enjoy!