Recipe by Kendra*
I invented this recipe when I decided I wanted to fix something like buffalo wings for dinner, but wanted something that would be better when the weather is hot outside. I think this worked out very well.
Top Review by bricookie55
Oh, yum! This definitely satisfies a buffalo wing craving! Like the previous reviewer, I left out the mayo, and it still seemed like there was plenty of liquid in the dish with just the ranch, wing sauce, and vinegar. This would be a great summer side dish, but I used it as a main course, and that worked too. Thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 8 ounces chicken strips (I use Tyson's Grilled Chicken Strips)
- 3⁄4 cup celery (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (minced, you can use red, orange, or yellow if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup purple onion (minced)
- 2 eggs (Hard Boiled and chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use low-fat mayo)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (I use low-fat dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces. I sometimes use Southwest flavored chicken strips instead of grilled. Just depends on what I have on hand.
- Combine pasta, chicken, celery, peppers, and onion. Other veggies can be added if you like. I've sometimes added peas, corn, or cucumbers.
- Mix remaining ingredients until combined, and pour over pasta mixture.
- You can use blue cheese dressing instead of ranch, or more or less hot sauce, depending on your personal preferences. Chill for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.