Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup is delicious and low in calories. My kids are very picky eaters, but they love this soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek
- 2 rutabagas
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat groats
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Wash the leeks and slice thinly discarding the last 2 inches of the green tops.
- Wash and peel the rutabagas and carrots and cut into small cubes or slices.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add vegetables and fry for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add buckwheat groats and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and taste with salt and pepper.
Really good! I made a few changes based on what I had in the house. Used minced onion instead of leek, which changed the flavor I'm sure. I added veggies, such as celery, used chicken broth, and added diced chicken breast to make this soup a dinner with more protein. I know I changed a bit, but I think I kept close enough to give this a good rating. Thanks for sharing.