1/4 Photos of Buckwheat and Yam Tortillas With Stir-Fry
1 hr 15 mins
These tortillas are delightfully different & Tasty. They are good with soup too or on their own as a snack. You may vary your stir fry vegetable to suit your taste. The dough is very easy to work with, just keep dusting the board with buckwheat flour. In one of the photos you will see just the stir fry no buckwheat tortilla. I also added green beans. The recipe is quite vesatile - use it as you will
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup cooked mashed yam, cooled
- 2 teaspoons wasabi (optional)
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup water, apprx
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, cut diagonally
- 1 cup yellow zucchini or 1 cup green zucchini, cut in 3/4 inch cubes, unpeeled
- 3 green onions, cut diagonally
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2Pour the buckwheat& white flour into a large bowl.
- 3Swirl the flour quickly with one hand as you pour in about 3/4 of the water.
- 4Now mix the flour& water with both hands by picking up chunks of the dough, squeezing it and dropping it back into the bowl; and flour are well mixed.
- 5You may want to add the remaining water.
- 6The dough should be pliable but not too sticky.
- 7Mix the wasabi, egg white & yam.
- 8Add this to the dough and thoroughly work it inches.
- 9If you have a heavy duty mixer blend in the yam using the dough blade, if not just keep mixing with your hands.
- 10If you are using a mixer continue to mix dough for apprx 10 minutes or until the dough is shiny and forms a ball.
- 11If kneading by hand knead like you would bread dough and continue kneading until the dough is shiny & forms a ball.
- 12Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- 13Dust your counter (or board) with buckwheat flour and pinch off a 2/1/2" piece of dough, dust your rolling pin with buckwheat flour.
- 14Flatten the dough with you hand then roll to form a round 1/4" or thinner tortilla, roll out all the dough placing a piece of wax paper or plastic between the tortillas.
- 15Oil a skillet and over medium High heat brown both sides of the tortilla, apprx 2 minutes per side.
- 16Place in foil and keep warm in a low oven while you make the sauce& stir fry.
- 17Sauce: Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 18Stir Fry:.
- 19Have all your ingredients ready prepared.
- 20Heat wok Or skillet to apprx 375°F.
- 21Add oil, add carrots, swish around for 3 minutes.
- 22Add Onions, Mushrooms, ginger & Garlic, stir fry 3 minutes.
- 23Add broccoli, peas and zucchini.
- 24Stir fry until the vegetables are heated through but still crisp.
- 25Pour in the sauce and stir, cover and simmer 3 minutes.
- 26Serve with warm tortillas on the side.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckwheat and Yam Tortillas With Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 1074.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g