Recipe by Nancy Sneed
I live in a rural area where deer is sometimes the only meat some people have to eat. One of my neighbors who has lived here all her life gave me this recipe that is a favorite in the area. It's really good.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs venison, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 -2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ounces Bourbon
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Flour cubed venison and using a heavy iron skillet or heavy pan, brown venison in oil.
- Add all remaining ingredients except bourbon.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add bourbon and continue to cook covered for 3 hours or til tender.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
- Onions and pepper should be according to your taste.