1/2 Photos of Bubba Gump's Creamy Shrimp Curry
From The Bubba Gump Shrimp Cookbook. ..."And I have to tell you...Lieutenant Dan took to shrimpin' like one of them ducks in water."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons curry powder, to taste (depending on the spiciness of your curry powder!)
- 14 ounces chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1In large pot of boiling water, cook the shrimp for about 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Drain, rinse with cold water, devein and set aside.
- 2Cook onion in butter and peanut oil in large skillet over medium heat until softened.
- 3Lower heat and add flour and curry powder. Stir with whisk until smooth and no lumps remain. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- 4Gradually stir in broth and milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 5Stir in sugar, salt, fresh ginger, and lemon juice. Add shrimp and cook until heated through.
- 6Serve shrimp with hot cooked white rice garnished with any or all of the suggested toppings.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bubba Gump's Creamy Shrimp Curry
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.3
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 314.5 mg
- Sodium 2012.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 37.7 g