Recipe by b_dazzld
Looking for an alternative to the regular turkey meatloaf, and wanting to combine some of my favorite holiday flavors, this recipe was born. It can be made into "mini loaves" (lined cup cake tins) or as a loaf in a loaf pan.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey (93/7 works great but can use extra lean as well)
- 1 egg (or equivalent amount of egg beaters)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1 tsp jarred)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped uniformly
- 4 ounces brie cheese, chilled then chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2-1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 (loaf) or 375 (mini loaves).
- combine dry ingredients in a small separate bowl.
- add turkey to large mixing bowl.
- make a well in the meat and add all ingredients.
- with dry but chilled hands (or gloved) quickly mix the meat and ingredients, do not over mix as it makes the meat tough.
- If making mini's, prep a muffin pan with cupcake wrappers, divide mixture into 8-9 mini loaves top each mini with ~ 1 tablespoon Tangy Cranberry BBQ Sauce/If making regular loaf, press meat into a loaf pan paying special attention to the corners. Once it's been pressed top with Tangy Cranberry BBQ Sauce.
- Bake 35 minutes at 375 (mini loaves) or Bake 50-55 minutes at 350.
- Remove and allow to settle for a few minutes. Serve with remaining BBQ sauce.