Recipe by Darlene Summers
I love Brussels sprouts almost as much as I do cabbage and this is the BEST recipe I have ever had. I love this one. It is really yummy.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very good and different way to serve brussels sprouts. I added some chopped onion and sauteed it in the butter before proceding with the flour. I think parmesan cheese would be great on top.....I'll have to try that. Thanx for posting this; I'll make it again.
- 1 quart Brussels sprout
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hot tomato juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sprouts in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or till tender.
- Blend butter, flour and salt in top of double boiler. Stir in tomato juice. Stirring constantly, blend in the milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Place sprouts in a greased casserole dish. Cover with sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Brown in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.