Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this in a magazine
Make and share this Brussels Sprout Salad With Avocado & Pumpkin Seeds recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed, leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Whisk lemon zest and juice and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking to emulsify, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing with brussels sprout leaves and pumpkin seeds. Gently stir in avocado and adjust seasoning.
We enjoyed how healthy this salad was and thought the avocado brought a wonderful creaminess, but the toasted pumpkin seeds could not hold their own against the Brussels sprouts. Separating the Brussels sprout leaves was kind of a pain and am wondering if shaved Brussels sprouts could be used as they would be a lot quicker and easier. Thanks for the post.