Recipe by anme
A favorite casserole that my family has been making for years
Top Review by MoreWithLessMom
I know a recipe is good when I daydream about it the next day and wonder how long I have to wait before I can do it again. I added a little garlic powder, but I imagine this is very versatile and it would be easy to switch out whatever protein and veggie you had on hand.
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube bread and toss with melted butter.
- In a greased 9 X 13 casserole dish add half the bread cubes, half of the cheese, half of the broccoli, all of the ham.
- Next add the rest of the broccoli, cheese, and bread cubes.
- Beat eggs and milk together with salt and pepper then pour over casserole.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or over night.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.