Brunch "Blintz" Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 5 eggs, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese, 2 of the eggs, 1/4 cup of the sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; set aside.
- Stir flour, melted butter, remaining 3 eggs, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, milk and baking powder in separate large bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 of the flour mixture into greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over flour mixture.
- Gently spoon remaining flour mixture over top.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes or until set.
- Cut into squares.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A definite family favorite. Finally a not to sweet blintz cassarole! We have been using this recipe for around two year. My 15 year old has mastered it. I like to serve it alone or with a no sugar added pie filling for the top. You can't go wrong. I do add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1tsp of vanilla to the cheese mixture.