Recipe by CindiJ
I have no clue where I got this recipe! My mother and both of my sisters each have different recipes that they make. None-the-less, I've been making this recipe since I've been married and we love it. I like to alternate between english & black walnuts and have been known to mix them in this recipe. The secret to rich fudgey brownies is to slightly under bake.
Top Review by Grandma Winnie
These were just like my mother used to make. Chewy, fudgey, perfect, delicious.My family just loved them. Oh and I forgot to mention that I had run out of baking chocolate and so I used 1/2 cup or cocoa powder, and it worked well. Thanks for the recipie, Cindi.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour, less 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in saucepan or microwave. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat together the sugar and eggs, salt and flour, add melted chocolate and butter mixture. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour batter in greased and floured 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake approximately 25-30 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Test with toothpick, some chocolate batter should remain on the pick.