Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have no clue where I got this recipe! My mother and both of my sisters each have different recipes that they make. None-the-less, I've been making this recipe since I've been married and we love it. I like to alternate between english & black walnuts and have been known to mix them in this recipe. The secret to rich fudgey brownies is to slightly under bake.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour, less 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in saucepan or microwave. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat together the sugar and eggs, salt and flour, add melted chocolate and butter mixture. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour batter in greased and floured 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake approximately 25-30 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Test with toothpick, some chocolate batter should remain on the pick.
These were just like my mother used to make. Chewy, fudgey, perfect, delicious.My family just loved them. Oh and I forgot to mention that I had run out of baking chocolate and so I used 1/2 cup or cocoa powder, and it worked well. Thanks for the recipie, Cindi.
This recipe was so good!! I used chocolate chips instead of the baking squares because that's what I had on hand. I also used less sugar and they turned out perfect!! I can't wait to make them again!
Yum! Easy to make. Melted the chocolate and butter in a large glass bowl in the microwave, then stirred in the rest of the ingredients. Greased but didn't flour the pan. At 25 minutes the brownies were done but still good and fudgy. Great recipe, thanks for sharing!