Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
makes approximately 5 dozen
- 2 cups flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, cold, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- to prepare pastry, place flour in large bowl, cut in cream cheese and butter.continue to mix until dough can be shaped in a ball.
- wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- shape chilled dough in 1" balls.press each ball into ungreased tassie pan.(miniature muffin tins) press in shape --
- prepare oven to 350*.
- to prepare filling, melt butter and chocolate.in heavy pan over low heat.remove from heat, blend in sugar, vanilla, eggs and salt.beat until thick --
- stir in pecans.spoon about 1 tsp filling into each pastry shell.
- bake at 350* 20-25 minutes -- or lightly browned.and filling is set.
- cool in pans on wire rack --
- remove from pans -- makes about 5 dozen cookies.