Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the most decadent dessert I have ever run across. My mouth waters the whole time I am preparing this dessert.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Grease a 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, granulated sugar, 2 tbls cocoa powder, the baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar and the 1/4 cup cocoa powder;
- Stir in the boiling water.
- Slowly pour water mixture over batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Spoon cake into dessert bowls; spoon sauce over cake.
- If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.