Delicious, light and easy! Can't wait to bake it again! A recipe from R. Reisman.
Make and share this Brownie Fudge Layer Cake ( Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup smooth light ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- icing sugar or 1 tablespoon flaked chocolate
- To make icing: In a small food processor or in a bowl and using a whisk or an electric mixer, beat all icing ingredients until smooth. Chill while preparing cakes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- To make cake: In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and water on High in the microwave for 30 seconds or just until chips begin to melt. Stir until smooth. In a large bowl and using a whisk or an electric mixer, beat together chocolate mixture, sugar, cocoa, egg, egg whites, sour cream, corn syrup, oil, and vanilla. In another bowl, stir together flour and baking powder.With a wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture just until combined. Divide between prepared pans.
- Bake in centre of oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Invert cakes onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place one cake on a serving platter. Spread some icing over top. Top with remaining cake; spread icing over top and side of cake. Sprinkle with icing sugar or flaked chocolate.