Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
our favourite brownie frosting..
Make and share this Brownie Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan over med heat combine butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa.
- Melt, and bring to a boil.
- When it has bubbles all the way across the top of surface now time.
- Boil hard one minute only.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla.
- let cool slightly, stir and beat until its like very thick corn syrup, and sticky to bottom of pot. I always use a spoon, so I can tell how it is thickening up.
- Pour over brownies or cake.
Awesome brownie frosting recipe. Super quick and easy. The only thing I would like to suggest is that, you pour the frosting over the brownies as soon as it cools down a bit, but is still just a tad warm, for it will become thick, but if that happens, just heat up for about 3 seconds. I will use this recipe over and over again. Thanks for the recipe.
Delicious! Perfect for brownies or cake. Thanks!
This was very grainy..not smooth at all. Also the flavor was lacking. Just more of a sugary-sweet than a chocolately flavor. It set up very similar to those no-bake oatmeal cookies, which makes sense given the ingredients are pretty much the same (minus the oatmeal of corse). I will not be using this recipe again.