Recipe by ebbtide
A different approach that's quick and tasty. You may vary cooking time to suit your desired crunchiness of the beans.
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends of beans and remove strings. Cut in half if large.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add beans, stirring frequently for about five minutes. They should be lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium, add broth slowly and mix well with beans. Add salt, pepper and simmer for two minutes or longer if you like your beans less cruncy.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice, stirring well, so that all beans are covered.