1/2 Photos of Brown-Sugar-Glazed Green Beans
This recipe features smoky bacon, oniony shallots and a touch of brown sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- 2Add beans, cook just until tender but still bright green, 5 minutes.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- 5Add shallots and thyme; cook until shallots are tender and bacon is crisp, 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in sugar; cook until golden, 2 minutes.
- 7Add beans; toss well.
- 8Stir in vinegar, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan.
- 9Stir in salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown-Sugar-Glazed Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 177.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g