uses tons of fresh apples, a taste of fall
Make and share this Brown Sugar Caramel Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups apples, peeled and chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour (i use whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- whisk oil, applesauce and sugars together until smooth. whisk in eggs.
- add apples and vanilla, stir to combine.
- sift dry ingredients and stir until moist- it will be VERY thick, add walnuts.
- spread into a greased 13x9 in pan.
- bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- heat butter, sugar and cream until boiling, simmer whisking 4-5 minutes.
- stir in vanilla and pour over hot cake.
- serve warm with vanilla ice cream.