1/1 Photo of Brown Rice With Miso (Rice Cooker)
1 hr 22 mins
1 hr 20 mins
From The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. You may use short, medium, or long grain brown rice in this dish. The authors call for a 6 cup rice cooker, but I've had no problem using a 3 cup model. Cook time includes resting time after the cycle finishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the miso in 1/4 cup of the water.
- 2Combine the dissolved miso and remaining ingredients in the rice cooker bowl.
- 3Set the machine for the regular or brown rice (if you have one) cycle.
- 4When the machine switches to 'keep warm', set a timer for 15 minutes.
- 5After 15 minutes, fluff the rice with the plastic paddle or a wooden spoon.
- 6Discard the ginger and serve, or leave on the 'keep warm' setting for up to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice With Miso (Rice Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 317.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: