- 236.59 ml brown rice
- 9.85 ml salt
- 59.14 ml champagne vinegar or 59.14 ml rice wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g ripe tomatoes, large-diced
- 236.59 ml packed basil leaves, chopped
- 532.32 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil, and add the rice and 1 tsp of the salt. Return to a boil, cover, and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed. Transfer the rice to a bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, remaining tsp of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Pour over the rice. Add the tomatoes and basil. Mix well and check the seasonings. Serve at room temperature.