Grilled Salmon With Tomatoes & Basil
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mash minced garlic and 3/4 t salt in a small bowl to form a paste, stir in oil.
- Check the salmon for pin bones and remove if necessary. Measure out a piece of heavy-duty foil (or use a double layer of regular foil) large enough for the salmon fillet. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil and spread the garlic mixture over it. Sprinkle with 1/3 C basil. Overlap tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the remaining salt and the pepper.
- Transfer the salmon on the foil to the grill. Grill until the fish flakes easily, 10-12 minutes. Use two large spatulas to slide the salmon from the foil to a serving platter.
- Serve the salmon sprinkled with the remaining 1/4 C basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was sooo good. I prepared it in the oven on 400 degrees until it flaked with a fork, reduced the salt to maybe 1/4 t. total and used part fresh tomatoes and part sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed) as I didn't have enough fresh tomatoes. I also did not have enough basil for the final garnish. <br/>The house smelled so good! We'll be having this again, we eat salmon weekly in our house.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a happily married mother of two and I own a jewelry and accessory business. My husband and I were vegan for six years, we now eat poultry and fish. My husband is a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder, so it's very important that we eat healthy... too bad I have such a sweet-tooth!