Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad takes its flavor inspiration from North Africa. *from the Joy of Cooking*
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 16 dates, pitted and diced
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled, divided into segments, each segment cut into thirds
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisins or 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Stir together in a large bowl.
- Serve at room temperature.