Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Western delight that serves a family of four!
- 225 g unpolished brown rice, washed
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 green apple, cored,de-seeded and diced
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g walnuts, chopped
- 25 g parsley, chopped
- 15 ml olive oil
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 dash ginger paste
- Cook the rice in boiling water until tender.
- Rinse the rice, drain well and keep aside.
- Cool completely.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- For a variation, add nuts, dried fruits, vegetables or herbs of your choice.
The colour is a little dull as it is mostly greens. So I add a little colour - with carrots.
This was delicious! I am always looking for new ways to use brown rice. I made as directed except I use currants instead of raisins. Yum!
This was awesome!! Thank you for posting it. I've been looking for more ways to fix brown rice & this is definitely a keeper recipe. I didn't have any raisins on hand so I substituted craisins & it was just out of this world GOOD. Thanks again!