Recipe by Malriah
Want something a little different as a side dish?
Top Review by lauralie41
Really nice recipe! I had this for lunch by itself and cant wait to serve it as a side dish. I did use dried cherries and dried parsley. The only thing that I would do differently next time is not add the zucchini in the beginning as it cooked down a lot and didnt have a lot of flavor. Thank you JustMarried! for creating this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken, cooked and drained
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cherries, chopped (dried would work well too)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic and zucchini.
- Cook until onion just starts to brown.
- Add brown rice and cook stirring often for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, heat to boiling, stir, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Allow to simmer for 45-50 minutes; NO PEEKING OR STIRRING!
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Fluff with a fork and serve with chicken, turkey or whatever you prefer.