Recipe by Jen T
My favourite rice salad. Time does not include standing time for rice/soy sauce mix.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this salad with half brown & half white rice, used roasted peanuts, & then used a little sage & parsley in the dressing ~ A great way to dress up a rice dish! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Auz/NZ Recipe Swap #27]
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked) or 1 cup long-grain white rice (uncooked)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 spring onions
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (raw or home roasted if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- 1 garlic clove (crushed, more if liked)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbs (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice, drain if neccesary and stir in soy sauce.
- Leave for at least 2 hours (overnight if possible).
- Chop spring onion, pepper and onion.
- Add these to the rice along with the sultanas and the peanuts.
- Shake together all dressing ingredients and pour over rice and mix well.
- This salad keeps well and is ideal for Bar-B-Ques.