Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Fresh sorrel and lemon give this rice dish a nice tang. This recipe uses a rice cooker but can be easily achieved in a pot stove top.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh sorrel leaf
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas, rinsed
- salt and black pepper, taste
- Start the rice cooker.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter melt and then add celery, garlic, onion, and saute till tender.
- Add sorrel lemon zest and rice stir to coat. Add enough water to top rice by and inch, (about 3 cups water).
- Cook till ricer beeps add peas toss and toss with additional butter.
- Season with salt and black pepper taste.
I got a small bunch of sorrel at the farmers market this weekend and decided to use it in this recipe. We loved the flavor of this dish and will definitely make it again. It went very well with grilled fish. I made the recipe on the stove top instead of the rice cooker. Thanks for posting it, Rita!