This makes a really pretty peachy color jelly. It is very sweet and tangy. I make this every year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place scuppernongs in large dutch oven and pour in water.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3Take potato masher and mash fruit.
- 4Drain through cheese cloth.
- 5This should yield around 5 cups of juice, you may have a little over or under.
- 6If you have under, add water to bring up to 5 cups.
- 7Measure sugar into a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
- 8Place the juice in large boiler with the box of pectin.
- 9Bring to a full rolling boil.
- 10Be sure that it is a full boil that cannot be stirred down.
- 11Add sugar all at once.
- 12Bring back to a full rolling boil.
- 13Again be sure that it is a full boil that cannot be stirred down.
- 14Boil for 1 minute after reaching the full rolling stage.
- 15Remove from heat.
- 16Pour into jars that have been sterilized and preheated.
- 17Wipe rims of jars with a clean, wet, warm dishtowel.
- 18Place lids on jars and tighten rings.
- 19Process in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- 20Remove from hot water and allow to cool completely before storing in pantry.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bronze Scuppernong Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1724 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1201.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 311.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 299.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: