Baked Honey Granola
photo by buttercreambarbie
- Ready In:
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (Dried blueberries are my favorite.) or 1/2 cup other dried fruit (Dried blueberries are my favorite.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and almonds. In a glass measuring cup, warm honey in microwave for about 30 seconds. Add olive oil to the honey and stir.
- Drizzle the honey-oil over the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Bake granola until golden and crunchy, stirring once, anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes, depending on your oven and pan.
- Pour onto a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper to cool. Stir in the dried fruit. When cool, store in a sealed container. If it clumps, just give it a toss.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love this recipe, its so yummy! I also loved the idea of heating the honey in the microwave! The only things I did differently was use slivered almonds that I chopped into smaller pieces (I wanted small to mix into yogurt) and I decreased the amount of olive oil so that I could add about a tablespoon of vanilla. I'm bookmarking this recipe to make again!
see 5 more reviews
This is a yummy granola recipe! I did make a few substitutions though: Used 2 tbs of brown sugar used 1 tsp of cinnamon used canola oil instead of olive oil (didn't have light oo on hand) Used orange flavored cranberries! It took the full 25 minutes for the granola to cook for me. This is so wonderful in the morning w/ milk, mixed in w/ yogurt or as an afternoon snack. I plan on making this one again. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an elementary teacher. My only child married several years ago and has since blessed me with a beautiful granddaughter and recently a new grandson. I'm always looking for good and easy food for two. I love baking! I'm diabetic, so my cooking style has become a lot more health conscious. Also I'm back on Weight Watcher's trying to shed those extra pounds that hang on as I get more mature! 8-) <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">