Bronze Scuppernong Jelly
This makes a really pretty peachy color jelly. It is very sweet and tangy. I make this every year.
- Ready In:
- Place scuppernongs in large dutch oven and pour in water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take potato masher and mash fruit.
- Drain through cheese cloth.
- This should yield around 5 cups of juice, you may have a little over or under.
- If you have under, add water to bring up to 5 cups.
- Measure sugar into a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
- Place the juice in large boiler with the box of pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Be sure that it is a full boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Add sugar all at once.
- Bring back to a full rolling boil.
- Again be sure that it is a full boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Boil for 1 minute after reaching the full rolling stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into jars that have been sterilized and preheated.
- Wipe rims of jars with a clean, wet, warm dishtowel.
- Place lids on jars and tighten rings.
- Process in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- Remove from hot water and allow to cool completely before storing in pantry.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great Recipe but I modified it with 1 tbs. of fresh squeezed lemon juice in the liquid while cooking. I'm an old retired guy with time on my hands and enjoy cooking and trying new things. This was my first attempt at making jelly. It turned out great! People waiting for their jar to be delivered.Reply
see 2 more