Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Pretty to look at and pretty delicious to eat! Adapted from "What's for Dinner?" Cookbook.
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 3/8 inch slices (do not use ends)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, approximately for brushing on tomatoes
- 2 -3 teaspoons herbes de provence, approximately
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated (don't use the dried stuff)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped (I use flat leaf parlsey)
- Prepare broiler.
- Place tomato slices on broiler pan.
- Brush slices with oil, and sprinkle with Herbes, salt, pepper, cheese and parsley.
- Broil until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
this is a great side dish! i added some minced garlic and shredded parmesan cheese. it was so beautiful and delish! will make again, thanks for the keeper!
Having lovely fresh, ripe tomatoes from the garden, prepared this for 2 of us as a side for dinner. Sliced several tomatoes and halved some Romas, The only addition to the topping was some minced garlic. Very enjoyable. Thanks for posting, Raspberry Cordial.
Simple but delicious!