Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
got this from fatfree.com. Pretty healthy. NOTE: I added brown sugar (to taste) because i think they're pretty salty even if i use Low sodium soy sauce. I also add a pinch of garlic powder. I baked 350 around 40min instead of broiling.
- 1 (12 ounce) extra firm tofu (in water)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons catsup
- To press the tofu, sandwich the tofu between two plates. Weigh the top.
- plate with a heavy book, and press for 30 minutes. Remove the weight and.
- top plate, and empty the water from the bottom plate. The tofu is now.
- Preheat the broiler. Slice the pressed tofu into thirds lengthwise.
- Place the tofu on a lightly oiled baking sheet and spread the tofu with the marinade.
- Broil the tofu 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each.
- side, until browned and crisp on the edges. Serve it straight from the oven.
- or make a tofu sandwich on toasted multigrain bread topped with your.
- favorite condiments.
the balsamic taste is just way too overpowering in this - i took the sugar suggestion and used 1/2 packet of splenda to get rid of the salty taste...but, the sour balsamic just took over.