Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Recipe for mint and parsley chutney is posted separately. Mint and Parsley Chutney. Any firm white fish would work in this dish. Just use a thick cut. Amchoor is dried green mango. You can find it in Indian spice shops.
- 1⁄4 small onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon amchoor powder, well crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut, cut into 4 fillets
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mint and parsley chutney (Mint and Parsley Chutney)
- In a blender, combine onion, ginger, garlic, turmeric, cayenne, salt, amchoor, garam marsala and lemon juice. Puree into a paste.
- Spread the puree over the fish fillets and marinate in refrigerator 1-3 hours.
- Preheat broiler with oven rack on second highest notch.
- Broil fillets for 7-10 minutes on each side, or until fish is firm to touch and barely opaque. Brush fillets with a little olive oil to make surface glisten.
- Serve with a dollop of mint chutney.