Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
this makes a lovely sauce for roast duck or turkey too.
Make and share this Broiled Chicken With Fig Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Place broiler rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source, and turn broiler on.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and place skin-side down in a pan.
- Place honey in a 4- to 6-cup saucepan with one tablespoon water, and put on high heat.
- Let honey boil for a minute or so, then carefully add wine, cayenne, figs, coriander, orange zest and orange juice.
- Mixture should cook steadily; do not let it boil over.
- Broil chicken until it begins to brown on skinless side.
- Turn it over, then broil until it browns nicely and is cooked all the way through.
- Total broiling time will be about 25 minutes.
- Cook sauce until figs are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, then taste, and add more salt, cayenne or lemon as needed.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned over it.
Delicious! I made this for our Passover seder this year and it looked, smelled and tasted awesome. My husband isn't even a fan of chicken and he ate it right up. Company was suitably impressed. :-) Thank you for a lovely, delicious and fairly simple recipe.
I made this with duck breast as I had some to use up and when I saw this sauce I knew it would go so well with duck. I did blend/process the sauce as I prefer a more smooth sauce. I did find it was a bit too overpowered by the orange flavour from the juice, but that can just come down to brands. I have tried several of chia's recipes and I have enjoyed them all made exactly as is. Yet I did adjust this one and add a tablespoon of fig jam to counteract the really strong orange taste. After that OH MY!!! it was outstanding another winner chia. I served this with chia's Roasted Asparagus With Lemon and Dill absolutely gorgeous. Everthing I try of yours is great so please people reading this go ahead you won't be dissapointed:)
Elegant, sophisticated, delicious! I made this with chicken breasts which I grilled on the stove top. Prepared the sauce just as stated, including all the juice of 1/2 lemon. A cinch to prepare, too. I can well believe this would be great over duck. Thanks for posting!