this makes a lovely sauce for roast duck or turkey too.
Make and share this Broiled Chicken With Fig Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Place broiler rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source, and turn broiler on.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and place skin-side down in a pan.
- Place honey in a 4- to 6-cup saucepan with one tablespoon water, and put on high heat.
- Let honey boil for a minute or so, then carefully add wine, cayenne, figs, coriander, orange zest and orange juice.
- Mixture should cook steadily; do not let it boil over.
- Broil chicken until it begins to brown on skinless side.
- Turn it over, then broil until it browns nicely and is cooked all the way through.
- Total broiling time will be about 25 minutes.
- Cook sauce until figs are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, then taste, and add more salt, cayenne or lemon as needed.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned over it.