Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 3 heads broccoli
- 1 tablespoon oil-cured olives, pitted & chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons scallions, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup small crouton, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese
- 20 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 2 cloves poached garlic, sieved
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- salt and pepper
- Put 20 cloves garlic in a heavy saucepan, cover with olive oil and slowly poach on top of the stove for 4 minutes until soft and just slightly golden.
- Strain out oil (reserve for another use marinades, vinaigrette, etc.), puree 2 cloves for the vinaigrette and reserve the rest for garnish.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot (not aluminum) of cold water to a boil.
- Cut the broccoli into medium florets.
- Have ready a large container of ice water.
- At the rolling boil, add salt to the water and just blanch the broccoli for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- (The water must remain hot so you may want to work in small batches).
- Immediately drain and transfer to the ice-water.
- Chill and drain.
- Prepare vinaigrette.
- Toss broccoli with first five ingredients and the vinaigrette.
- Arrange on plates and garnish with poached garlic cloves and sprinkle with feta.