Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Southern Living recipe I'm posting here to try later.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, washed and cut into long spears
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup roasted cashews
- Boil broccoli 6 minute until crisp-tender, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add remaining ingredients (except for cashews) and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add cashews. Pour sauce over broccoli.
excellent for people who don't like broccoli, but I would have liked a little bit more of a zing.
This is really good! I have this exact same recipe except using 2 cloves minced garlic. :) Glad to see it on here!